Thank you so much to Lea @ Lea’s Literary Life Riddhi @ Whispering Stories for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award! Both of their blogs are really good and I definitely recommend checking them out! Also Thank you to Millay @ Millay’s Musings for nominating me for the Outstanding Blogger Award! Do check out her blog, it is amazing! When I did my post earlier this week, I think I must have missed this post and I could have done them at the same time but ah well!
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention Okoto Enigma, the creator of the award.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer 5 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers.
- Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, including 1 weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best post.
Three things about me:
- I am in my final year of university.
- I study History.
- I am from England.
What are three of your most anticipated reads for 2021?
Definitely A Court of Silver Flames, Chain of Iron and after I finish A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire, I think it’ll be The Crown of Gilded Bones!
Do you set reading goals?
I’ve taken part in the Goodreads challenge since 2014, so I’ve always set myself a goal of how many books to read. But this year, I’ve set myself some other book-related goals, and if you’re interested in seeing them, you could check out my post here!
What’s the most disgusting thing you’ve ever eaten?
I feel like I’m a bit of a picky eater when it comes to food, if I think I won’t like something I normally steer clear of it! So I’ve never had sushi or anything like that! But I think salmon may have to be up there in the most disgusting foods because I do not like fish!
Where would you love to travel to in the future?
I would love to go to Rome, Pompeii, Florence and many other places in Italy that I haven’t visited yet! Also I would love to go to Greece and Santorini. Also many other European countries! I’m desperate to explore them!
How many books do you currently have on your TBR?
I don’t know about my general TBR as I have random screenshots and list sin obscure places that I want to read, so I’m just going to go with my physical TBR, not including ebooks because I have a ridiculous amount on my kindle that I’ve not got to and some are my Mum’s books!
My physical TBR has seven books on it? Maybe? That feels too low but I think it’s seven!
What is one Christmas themed book you read in 2020?
I don’t think I actually read a Christmas themed book in 2020 so that’s a bit disappointing! I watched quite a few Christmas films though!
What is your fatal flaw? (Yes, you can take a quiz to find out)
I just did a quiz and apparently I am an Idealist in a Cruel World! This is what it had to say about me:
You want the world to be good. Here’s the problem: it’s usually not. At best it’s subpar. At worst it’s a nightmare void, and your naiveté is simply a plot device used to emphasize this point. Your inability to accept the world’s present darkness will lead to your untimely downfall, but not before your dewy-eyed idealism and rosy visions of utopia erode away. You will become a shell of your former self. Sorry about that. Yikes!
What is you Hogwarts house?
I am a Hufflepuff 🙂
Who is your godly parent?
I’m presuming this is Percy Jackson related and I don’t actually know, so I’m going to do a quiz for this too! And my godly parent is Poseidon!
Name three authors whose books you read in 2020 for the first time.
Kerri Maniscalco, Chloe Gong, and Emma Lord 🙂
I have no idea what my best post is but I enjoyed writing my ARC review of Secrets of the Starcrossed!
- Do you have a TBR for January?
- Do you prefer to read inside or outside?
- If you could meet a book heroine or hero, who would it be?
- If you had to burn a book, which would it be?
- Do any bloggers inspire you, if so, who?
Cherelle @ A Bolt Out of The Book
Becky @ Becky’s Book Blog
Clemence @ Dreamed Worlds
Hayden @ Following Good Books
Nehal @ Books and Words
The Outstanding Blogger Award
Thank you again to Millay for nominating me for this!
- Provide the link to the creator’s original award post. (very important: see why in step 5)
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator, nor the blogger that nominated you, can be nominated.
- At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
What is your favourite hobby?
I really enjoy blogging, but not including that then it’s playing my keyboard or guitar.
You are sent to be stranded on an island with nothing on it. You can only bring one thing, what would you bring?
This is tricky! I want to say a book but I feel like that would be a temporary thing so maybe my guitar. Then I can get better at it with no distractions!
Dragon or griffin?
Another tricky one! But I think I will have to say dragon, they have always intrigued me and they just seem so magnificent and powerful.
Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter? (Or another if you have a greater preference.)
As much as I love LOTR, I have never actually read the books. I have see the films more recently than the Harry Potter films but as I grew up with Harry Potter, I think it’ll have to be that!
Favorite Christmas song?
Christmas Tree Farm by Taylor Swift has been on repeat at Christmas for the last two years. If we’re talking classics then I love Saviour’s Day by Cliff Richard.
Why did the chicken cross the road?
Because the chicken was a risk taker, and wanted to see if the grass was greener on the other side.
Dogs or horses. I am desperate to have my own dog!
I’m going to do the same questions for my earlier post but nominate different people!
- What is your first read of 2021?
- Do you have any reading or blogging goals this year?
- What was your favourite book of 2020?
- What was you least favourite book of 2020?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of you life, what would it be?
- Do you prefer writing book reviews or book tags?
- Have you got a book recommendation for me?
Julie @ One Book More
Alex @ Whimsy Pages
Sarah @ The Book’s Whiskers
Ashmita @ The Fictional Journal
That concludes today’s long post! I really enjoyed answering these questions!