Hi everyone! I’m back with more award posts! Thank you to Isha @ Paperbacktomes for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award and Allison @ Universe Within Pages and Becky @ Becky’s Book Blog for nominating me for the Outstanding Blogger Award! It means so much that you thought of me!
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention Okoto Enigma, the creator of the award.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer 5 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers.
- Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, including 1 weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best post.
Three things about me:
- I’m writing my dissertation about Mary Queen of Scots.
- Once I graduate university I would like to have a career in the publishing industry.
- I love the sun and the moon.
Which habit do you want to change in 2021? (It can be books related or anything in general.)
I have the habit of being really tired but staying up late regardless. So this year I want to try and get to bed and actually go to sleep at a decent time so I can wake up in the morning and get things done!
What’s your most anticipated book of 2021?
A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas. I am hyped for it, I cannot wait!!
Which new genre did you read in 2020?
I didn’t 😦 I’m hoping to branch out and read some new genres this year because I always just stick with what I know and enjoy!
What is that one thing you want to do differently on your blog this year?
I started this blog in September so I’ve not had it for very long, but I want to try out different posts and maybe create my own tags and just be a bit more creative.
Which are your most and least favourite types of posts to write on your blog?
I think writing a review can be particularly tricky when all I want to do is carry on reading! As I always forget what happens in books so I have to write the review as close to reading it as possible otherwise I struggle. I really enjoy the top ten tuesday posts with prompts or book tags and awards!
I think one of my favourite posts at the moment is My Goals for 2021.
- Do you have a TBR for February?
- Do you prefer to read inside or outside?
- If you could meet a book heroine or hero, who would it be?
- If you had to burn a book, which would it be?
- Do any bloggers inspire you, if so, who?
Karen @Twisted in Pages
Tiction @Fictionally Crazy
Sanah @Stories with Stardust
Erin @ Reading on a Star
The Outstanding Blogger Award
- Provide the link to the creator’s original award post. (very important: see why in step 5)
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator, nor the blogger that nominated you, can be nominated.
- At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
What was your last five-star read?
I’ve literally just finished Hot British Boyfriend by Kristy Boyce and I loved it so much! I’m taking part in a blog tour for it so my review will be posted on the 9th February!
What is your favourite dessert?
This is such a tricky question! I am a sucker for sweet foods so I love pretty much every dessert out there. I think my favourite would have to be ice cream, eaton mess or lemon meringue!
What are some of your hobbies outside of reading?
I’ve been slacking a bit recently but I like to play the guitar and piano. Also blogging has become a new hobby of mine.
If you were stuck on an island and you could only have three items with you, what would they be?
My kindle, a solar powered charger for my kindle and my guitar.
What is your most anticipated release for this year?
A Court of Silver Flames!!!!
What is your favourite thing about blogging?
I love discovering new blogs and being recommended books by other bloggers. None of my friends read, and if they do it doesn’t tend to be the books I love so I don’t have anyone to share my fangirling with. But I do here!
What book character can you relate most to?
ooo I have no idea. I feel like maybe Ellie in Hot British Boyfriend as I feel I can be quite oblivious sometimes and I have a lot of interests that other people might find weird or disinteresting!
Do you have any bookish or non-bookish goals for 2021?
I would like to be more diverse with my reading and I’ve set myself a goal to read 70 books this year and I’ve already read 9 so I’m off to a good start!
Which books are you most looking forward to reading in 2021?
A Court of Silver Flames, The Crown of Gilded Bones and Chain of Iron!
What are you currently reading?
I’ve just finished Hot British Boyfriend, so I’m not actually sure what I’m going to read next! I haven’t decided!
Do you prefer series or standalones?
It depends how I’m feeling. I love fantasy series but I think I prefer contemporary standalones.
Which animal best describes your personality?
I just did a buzzfeed quiz for this and it says I am a panda! I’m not entirely sure how accurately the description fits me but here it is:
You are playful and energetic. You’re cute and always the life of any party you go to. People like your attitude and always want to be around you
Do you have a favourite book or author?
My favourite author is Sarah J. Maas. I feel like I am always talking about her books in these posts but it’s just because they’re my absolute favourite!
Describe your blog in three words.
My pride + joy (it counts because a plus sign is technically not a word)
- Have you had a five star read this month?
- Do you have any reading or blogging goals this year?
- What’s a genre you don’t like?
- Do you like morally grey characters?
- Do you like to read classic books?
- Have you got a book recommendation for me?
- Do you have a comfort book, if so what is it?
Erin @ Rin’s Reads
Shruti @ Damsel in the Bookland
Thanks to everyone who has nominated me for these and I can’t wait to see the answers of those I’ve nominated!